Water Softener Salt
A Brilliant Choice®
Diamond Crystal® Water Softener Salt is more than just salt -- it is a solution that transforms the water in your home to make it better. When used in your water softener, our salt removes hard minerals from your hard water, including iron, calcium, magnesium, and even barium. After our water softener salt removes hard minerals, you have soft, bright towels to wrap around your family, shiny dishes that can be used even with your most critical guests, and longer pipe and appliance life.
Water hardness is caused by compounds of calcium and magnesium, and by a variety of other materials in your water. Hard water can cause a variety of nuisance and potentially costly issues in your home. If you have hard water, you should consider adding a water softener because:
• Hard water can interfere with soap and detergents, preventing them from working as well.
• Hard water can leave deposits, causing staining and spotting on glassware, dishes, sinks and fixtures.
• Mineral deposits can build up in the pipes of your home and restrict water flow.
• Mineral deposits can cause scale on appliances like your water heater, which in turn, could make it more expensive to heat water.
• Ultimately, your appliances could have a shorter life span as these scale deposits develop.
View a Short Video that explains why you should soften your water with water softener salt.